Feasibility Study and Master Plan for the development of Kaboja Industrial City “KIC”, Msata Township, Bagamoyo District, Tanzania.
Location within Country:- Bagamoyo District, Tanzania Professional Staff Provided by your Firm:- Project Manager, Town Planner, Infrastructure Planner, Architect, Civil Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Structural Engineer, Hydrologist, Geotechnical Engineer, Environmentalist, Economist, Financial/ Investment Analyst, Market Researcher, and GIS/CAD Expert.
Name of Client:
Heritage Empire Ltd. / Tanzania Development Bank No of Staff Months:
Plot 199, Lukuledi St Regent Estate
Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania Client’s Contact Person for the Assignment:
Mr. Beatus Kaboja (Heritage Empire Ltd)
Mr. K. Boni (Tanzania Development Bank)
August 2014 Completion Date:-
June 2015 Approx. Value of Services (in US$): $595,480
Name of Associated Consultants. If any:
Bedrock Capital (Pty) No. of Months of Professional Staff Provided by Associated Firm(s):- 11
Name of Senior Staff (Project Director/Manager, Team Leader) involved and functions performed:-
Eng. K.B. Mwaniki, Project Manager/Infrastructure Planner. Overall responsibility of project services delivery, co-ordination of other service providers and principle contact person between the consultant team and the Client.
Had further responsibility of all infrastructure planning aspects.
Narrative Description of Project: – The project involved Feasibility study and Master Plan for a 4,219 acres Industrial and Commercial Park development, to be designated as an EPZ (export processing zone) and Free Trade zone, respectively with specific national investment incentives and development guidelines. A 10yr three (3) phased development of a mixed end-use industrial park (metal fabrication, cylinders and pipes fabrication, agro-processing, tannery, textiles and apparels, light assembly, packaging and warehouses) and a commercial complex with showrooms (finished products); small business incubator; ITC, vocational training school, offices, and administrative centre housing the Tanzania Revenue Authority, Customs and Tanzania Investment Centre and Park Administration. The integrated development includes single and multi-family staff housing estates, schools, district hospital, two (2) nos. retail centers, religious areas, recreational parks, a railway spur/link and an aerodrome. KIC master plan structured as in part aspects of an Eco-Industrial Park, with SEZ/EPZ oriented planning and development, at an estimate US$ 215Million construction cost for the first phase development of 1,150 acres, including offsite capital infrastructure.
Description of Services/Tasks Performed: Master Plan and Feasibility Study Tasks:
• Strategic Planning (vision, objectives, framework, structure, phase approach, ECO park etc.)
• Needs Assessment (community and institutional stakeholder’s consultations)
• Demand Forecast Study & Analysis (land, labour, industrial trends, supply chain, housing, demographics etc. as required)
• SWOT Analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats) & Comparative Market Survey Study.
• Statutory Requirements Compliance (zoning, ordinances, land tenure, etc.)
• Spatial Planning
• Infrastructure Planning (all roads, accessibility, water mains, wastewater mains, drainage, power plant facilities, sewerage plant and facilities, water reservoirs, gas utility lines, electrical utility lines-Preliminary Design Level)
• Transportation and Transit Corridor Assessment.
• Water Utility Demand, and Power Utility Demand Studies and Prescribed System/Facilities/Infrastructure
• Wastewater and Solid Waste Generation Study and Prescribed System/Facilities/ Infrastructure
• Programming and Program of Development
• Construction Cost and Implementation Cost Estimate
• Financial Analysis and Model (sensitivity analysis with varying funding contribution public versus private, varying sales projections and other variables as required)
• Investment and Public Private Partnership (PPP) Opportunities Articulation and Structure
• Implementation Plan (phased approach, phase description, schedules and cost allocations)
• Organizational Structure of Administrative and Operational Authority of Proposed Site Development Facilities/Complex.
• Conceptual and Preliminary Drawings: (layouts, site plan, land-use plan, infrastructure plans etc.)
• Illustrative Architectural Layouts and 3Ddrawings and Model.
• Detailed Site Condition Assessment Survey.
• Geotechnical Investigations and Materials Surveys
• Environmental Impact Assessment Strategic Study.